It's not about Kat!

A bit about me...but it's not about me...if you get my drift...

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Towards the end...

I realise that I haven't blogged as much as I could have and even less in a more serious manner so I thought I would make this one a reflective one on my 4 and a bit months here. Now, having realised that I only have 3 weeks left here in this place where my awesome God has me serving Him and his people, its is good to be able to look back in awe (not anger!) and praise at things things He has and continues to prepare for me and what He has used me in.

From the beginning I know this was God ordained, primarily by the biblical confirmation through parents, family, friends and even people here who barely know me, it is awesome to have a God that can work supernaturally, incredible! He also totally changed my heart from 'let me go to Africa so I can feel like a real missionary and see cool stuff' to 'change me, mould me, have your way' and I think He really has done. In His amazing grace that I am sure most of you can testify to in one way or another, He has put some very special people in my path, both in the run up to coming out, love y'all! and those who are out here to, amazing stuff, both in Yaoundé and the village chez my family Starr.

God's challenges have a VERY special place in my heart, just picturing a little cartoon of a mini me walking along and encountering difficulty, turning to Great Big God with a very sour face like an angry kid and seeing Him there right behind me with His hand encouraging me along, smiling in a motherly/fatherly way, all knowing, saying "I know the plans I have for you..." and He makes me want to bear hug Him! (sorry for this really strange bit, it just helps me to write things down!)

Another era closed now is that up north. After two months I'm back in Yaoundé for 3 more weeks of teaching. The village bit was awesome, the family and so loving, caring and generous in every way possible. They laughed and cried with me, they discipled and encouraged me and generally made me part of their family. So thankyou so much you guys! Love you lots

Please pray with me that God would use me for His glory in the next three weeks here, in my time at home and then in Germany next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home