It's not about Kat!

A bit about me...but it's not about me...if you get my drift...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

*Insert witty comment that I can't think of right now*

Well, after being deserted by all my short-term friends (Michelle and Deborah went to Banso and Bambelang in the North West Province and Shayna went up north to the Adamawa province to use some of her midwifery skills in a hospital) I've had a very good week of education, both practical in the sense of academic stuff for Kate, a wee Starr, and also God has been, in his infinite mercy, been guiding me daily, sometimes more obvious than others, a lot more!. Had an issue with the word lonely at the beginning of last week...moaning that I was lonely when infact I wasn't lonely, just blind...silly really. But, by the weekend, after the gentle rebukes from a very loving father and the provision of some very special people, I 'obediently' got on with life, with Big Daddy by my side with metaphorical matchsticks on my eyes (litteral ones would have been bad and probably would have burned...sorry off on a tangent.) How exciting!

So the academic teaching has been fabulouso, we start at 8.30, the family live just down the hill in the centre i am staying at, until we go up north on Monday...and then we do English, Math(s) and Science (by far the most fun, 'digesting' food, pouring iodine into potato starchy water, blowing up balloons with pop bottles...all SUCH fun!)

So with Shayna up north, she's been blogging lots of her experiences since she has been in Yaoundé and now she is up north she has been having some...interesting experiences. If you wish to see photos of all the stuff I've been doing then have a look here, it'll be a virtual experience...I can guarantee!

SO! I continue to teach, or rather tutor as I feel a cheat if I say teach...its far too pleasurable and exciting! We leave this monday for the north, stopping off on two nights on our way...then life up there begins for me and continues for Alan, DeEtte, Caleb, Peter and Kate. How much fun...this is totally a gift from God as I could never have imagined such great life experience and protection here...rock on.

Keeping leaving comments people, wanna hear from you... This may be the penultimate blog I do for a while as I may not get as much opportunity to check emails as we have to travel into the city to log on.

Ciao for now

1 Comments:

  • At 9/9/06 1:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dear kat,
    it's so glad to see you leave message on my blog.
    i know you don't understand them but at least you can read the title and guess...haha
    I may move to Manchester if i can't get place to live in Lei...so we'll see
    hope you are very well
    loads of love
    Mei Xxx

    ps.i saw Rachel and Nathan this week. You can see some pics on my album
    http://www.wretch.cc/album/album.php?id=bekid&book=17
    http://www.wretch.cc/album/album.php?id=bekid&book=16

     

Post a Comment

<< Home